Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Other Useful Databases
IEEE Xplore Digital Library
Provides full-text access to all IEEE journals, magazines, conference proceedings, transactions, and standards
Jane's All The World's Aircraft (IHS)
Searchable online edition of the All the World's Aircraft series.
Nexis Uni (formerly Lexis-Nexis Academic)
Includes news articles, legal cases, and company information.
Proquest One Academic
ProQuest One Academic includes these collections: ProQuest Central, Academic Video Online, Academic Complete, ProQuest Dissertations & Theses.
United States Census Bureau Census Data
Demographic and economic statistics. Search by geography down to the local level, including cities and towns and census designated places. View detailed race, age and gender breakdowns, and compare communities
United States Census Bureau QuickFacts
Facts about people, business, and geography. Provides profiles for the nation, states, counties, and places.
Databases or Websites?
What is the difference?
- Are fee-based; the library pays to license them.
- Are available to registered members of the library.
- Focus on a specific body of information (i.e. Aeronautics, Engineering)
- May contain articles, books, gov documents, maps, technical reports.
- Contain information written by professional writers and subject experts.
- Are searched with search engines such as Google, Yahoo, or Ask.com
- Are generally freely accessable.
- Are available to anyone with an internet access.
- May NOT be current, updated, or show no date at all.
- Can cover any topic at all.
- Contain information written by anyone (convicts, teachers, children, students, or psychopaths).