Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
It is possible to use RefWorks to create an annotated bibliography in either APA or MLA Style. Use the steps below to do so.
- Select a citation to edit
- Click on the Pen in the upper-right hand corner to edit the citation and add your annotation.
- Add your annotation to the Abstract field. Make sure you Save before closing the editing screen.
- When you create your bibliography, use the Style selection box to search for:
- APA 7th - No Title casing, annotated with abstracts, or
- MLA 8th edition - Annotated with abstract
- Enjoy your annotated bibliography!